Review: Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer

I have recently discovered Witch Hazel as a very good astringent against spot causing bacteria and although I use a toner made out of Witch Hazel extract I still wanted something to treat my skin especially when wearing make-up.  So I looked up some reviews on YouTube and there was a considerable amount of videos raving about Witch Skin Care products.  I have heard of the brand before but since we don't get it in Malta, I looked up the products on ebay and got the Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer which I will be reviewing today as well as the Blemish Stick which I will review in a separate post.
  
As I said, I will be focusing on the primer today which comes supplied in a box that I threw away for storage reasons and the bottle itself is a transparent plastic bottle with a pull-off cap and a pump. I like a pump dispenser on such products because it reduces product waste since you can control the amount of product that comes out and it is also more sanitary. A little uncovered area on the side of the bottle, enables you to see how much product you have got left.  The bottle holds 30ml of product.


This primer is a white light-weight cream that melts onto the skin and although Witch claim that the product is fragrance-free, it does have a slight odour of Witch Hazel.  It feels lighter than the Inglot primer which is silicon based and it is oil free.


Now I have mixed thoughts about this primer as I haven't really seen a difference as to how much my make-up lasts and also, at work my face still gets oily when I use this alone under make-up. However, I do like the fact that it is light-weight but I'm not sure if I'd buy this again once I get through it.

As for the skin-clearing part, I still get some spots on my face and when I use it I can definitely tell that it is working because it dries out the spots and sometimes, I get flakes on those areas which I eliminate by spraying on a make-up setting spray. This is not always possible so I am only using this when my skin is having its good days.

So the bottom line is I don't think I will re-purchase this primer and I will stick with my Inglot one as I have never had any problems with it for all this time that I have been using it.

Have you ever used any Witch products? What are your views on them?

1 comment on "Review: Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer"
  1. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask that you follow the blog "Directory"
    Follow our blog gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog! Thank you for your understanding
    Please follow our blog is very appreciate
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope you'll like
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete