For a little break from Fashion Week posts, here are some tips for getting a healthy summer glow now that the soaring temperatures are finally here.
1. Keep your skin hydrated from outside and inside by using a good moisturiser and drinking loads of water. The latter will also help flush away toxins, giving your skin an overall better appearance. Alternatively, if you don't like water on it's own, why not try infused water where you add fruit to the water for a kick? ;)
2. Snack on fruit and healthy snacks such as anti-oxidant rich blueberries, goji berries and nuts that are rich in the good fats and oils our skin needs. While writing this article, this webpage has proven to be very helpful with providing healthy food recipes that I can guarantee are as delicious as they look! Have a look at Aloha's recipe centre for some serious food and healthy recipe inspiration!
3. Drink green tea as it also helps to eliminate toxins from the body. I like mine with a little bit of ginger to spice up the flavour.
4. Wear sunscreen everyday - no need to emphasise why, we all know the dangers of UV rays.
5. Exfoliate your body every other day and your face from once to twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells and boost circulation, exposing the healthy, glowing skin underneath! Don't have time to do that everyday? Easy, pick an exfoliating shower gel such as from Yves Rocher.
6. Lastly, fake a tan! My favourite bronzer is the Aero Minerale Makeup Mist in Malibu. I like to mix it with my moisturiser for a more even colour and application, plus it boosts hydration!
Do you have any other tips for getting a summer glow that you would love to share?