Following my review on the Ultra Base Corrector Palette from Makeup Revolution, I wanted to share with you the other palette I got in the same order; that is the Ultra Contour Palette which as the name implies has everything you need for achieving the perfect contour and highlight (strobing in more recent terms).
The palette comes in a box which has a picture of all the shades at the back. The palette per se is very sleek and contains 8 pans of bronzers and illuminators including 2 baked highlighters, all in pressed powder form. You also get a full sized mirror and the products are protected with a piece of plastic film.
The colours in the palette are possibly everything you need for contouring and highlighting, be it if you're pale or if you're slightly darker. Here is a short description of each:
Top Row (left to right)
- Salmon Pink (matte) ideal to brighten up your complexion or setting under eye concealer
- Yellow Beige (matte) works exceptionally well with the yellow corrector from the Ultra Base Corretor palette to conceal dark circles
- Pearl Pink with a hint of golden shimmer to illuminate the skin
- Baked Pearl White and Gold Highlighter is an extremely pigmented highlighter ideal for use on cheekbones or brow bones
Bottom Row (left to right)
- Medium Brown (matte) bronzer for medium to dark skin tones
- Light Brown (matte) bronzer for light to medium skin tones
- Dark Brown (matte) bronzer for dark skin tones
- Baked Bronzer that suits all skin types and has a hint of shimmer
The reason I like this palette is that three bronzers are actually matte, thus giving you a more natural look than shimmery ones. All powders are very well pigmented and last well throughout the day. I find that I achieve a better result when I set my under eye concealer with either of the first two shades in the top row and I am really pleased that all colours blend beautifully into the skin to give a seamless application of the product.
I think this palette would look good in any makeup artist's kit and it is also very convenient for the amateur user as well.
You can buy the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette from the Makeup Revolution website for £8/€10.95.